Sunday 8 November 2009

Salter Dome Electronic Kitchen Scale

There are some things that need to be stylish and yet efficient. Luckily for me the 'Salter Dome Electronic Kitchen Scale' falls in to this category. OK I admit it, I love swanky new kitchen items. Items which make the kitchen dazzle and gleam with the latest technology. But how often do items bought for the kitchen get designated for the clutter cupboard. I made sure I gave this item a fair few weeks before writing my review, to get a feel for how useful it would become in my kitchen.

As a household who do a lot of creating; particularly baking, we felt that it was fair to put this scale through its paces before telling the world of it's pros and cons.

I was initially drawn to the scales because of its sleek design; with the dominant colours within my kitchen being silver, the scale suited my scheme beautifully. It looks great within my contemporary kitchen. Sadly, items often promise more than they deliver. Would this be the case with the Salter scales?

Pulling the scales from the box, they immediately looked promising. The design was up to the minute, smooth to the touch and more importantly shiny and new. The most attractive quality being that upon pressing the 'ON' switch, the display of weight measurement looks very attractive. The display lights up blue, which makes the reading of the measurement very easy on the eye.

Now it was out of the box, it was time to get down to some serious work. We had to test how accurate this thing was. As we bake from scratch, we need the scales to be very accurate and I am glad to say it was. There was no making sure you were at the right angle to determine which weight the needle was on. Place the ingredients on and hey presto, you are given the weight.

If you are a neat freak like I am, you will also love the 'Add & Weigh' function. This allows you to save on dirtying various bowls and allows you to measure multiple ingredients in the same bowl.

Here's all the specs:
  • Add & Weigh function
  • Allows for measurement of multiple ingredients in the same bowl - saves on washing up
  • Aquatronic™ function
  • For measuring liquids in ml or fl.oz.
  • Switch between metric and imperial
  • Animated blue backlit display
  • Stainless steel weighing pan
  • Capacity: 3kg / 7lb
  • 15 Year Guarantee
It looks great, performs well and has been able to withstand little children using it! With a 15 year guarantee on it, the manufacturers are obviously confident of its abilities. I feel very confident with it too and can envision myself using this product for many years to come.

Very pleased with this product.

Rating 5/5

Available from Salter

No comments:

Post a Comment