Thursday 26 November 2009

Roald Dahl 'Stupendous Stampers' by Top That! Publishing.



Stupendous Stampers is a quirky little set which comprises of 17 rubber stamps, an orange and green ink pad and a project idea book. The rubber stamps have Quentin Blake illustrations from Roald Dahl's book on them, so they are quite unique. I was quite intrigued to see what projects we could come up with using this pack, as a keen card maker myself I was full of ideas.

I was pleased to find however, that I didn't need to strain my brain cells too much as the project book contains loads of interesting ideas to create scrumdiddlyumptious goodies to tempt any child to craft. I was so pleased that Master Craftiness showed an interest as he usually turns his nose up at anything to do with stamping.

Being a keen rubber stamper, I was pleased to find that there was plenty of tips on how to rubber stamp properly.

The book is jam-packed full of great ideas. I will give you a round-up of the ideas which I loved:
  • Transforming school ringbinders by adding an exciting design to the front. Imagine how impressed the teachers would be! Teachers love Roald Dahl.
  • Enormous Crocodile wrapping paper. Every gift will look delightful if you wrap it in snappy wrapping paper.
  • Willy Wonka Party Pack. This project shows you how to make a tablecloth, cups and plates all with the Willy Wonka design. You could even go one further than this and make Willy Wonka chocolate wrappers, and how about making a game out of it and adding golden tickets to them? The possibilities are endless...
  • Matilda writing paper.
  • BFG Balloons. It was great to see the design expand when we blew the balloon up.
  • Fantastic Mr Fox envelopes.
If I was to improve this little kit at all, I would have added some more colours to the ink pads as orange and green was a little limited. But this wasn't a problem for me anyway as I have lots of coloured ink-pads. I think at £6.99, this little kit is incredible value.

Anyway, I wanted to show you a project which Master Craftiness and myself came up with.....

It was Autumn Festival in Master Craftiness's school and they ran a competition to compose a leaf collage. We trawled around and the leaves we found looked rather boring. That's when inspiration struck and we came up with our 'Roald Dahl leaves.'


We stamped all the leaves and background paper. It looked really interesting when finished.
The teachers loved it.

But not as much as we loved this kit! There are a few other kits in the range from Top That Publishing.
You have:
Magical Mischief
Silly Scribbles
Beastly Balloons
Fiendish Faces
Ghastly Grub
Terrible Tricks
Build Your Own Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Write Your Own Masterpiece with Matilda
Write Your Own Masterpiece with The Twits


They would make fantastic stocking fillers!

All available from what is fast becoming one of my favourite publishers ; Top That! Publishing

No comments:

Post a Comment