Monday 5 July 2010

Review: Surf Pushchair


I got hold of this pushchair back in May and I have made sure that I have put this pushchair through its paces in the name of reviewing.

I was first drawn to this pushchair because of the obvious good looks. Yes, it is still a pushchair I am talking about. Anyone who is a member of Facebook or any mums' forum, will know the amount of vigorous testing that goes in to 'Pram shopping.' After good looks I really liked the fact that it could turn into a rear-facing pushchair. I had seen so many contented looking babies in rear-facing pushchairs staring in to their mother's eyes that I couldn't wait to get my 16 month old in one. Fast-forward to when I get this pushchair and I was sadly disappointed; my son absolutely hated being rear-facing. It's a wonder I don't develop a complex - I mean why wouldn't he want to look at my face lol. But that was the absolutely wonderful thing about this pushchair - I hadn't lost anything because I could simply turn the pushchair around to be a forward-facing pushchair. He absolutely loved this pushchair then. I think the fact that he is an older baby means that he no longer wants to stare in to my face but wants to keep in touch with nature and his surroundings. After all the big wide world is fascinating! The rear-facing is probably more suited for younger babies but I was so glad that I had the option of switching the pushchair around.

So now my pushchair looks like this:

And I get tons of comments about what a lovely looking pushchair it is! Best of all my son loves it and can't wait to get in and pull the safety bar over him. I am totally safe in the knowledge that if he was to have a tumble in the pushchair it gives such a lot of protection.

Anyway, the most amazing thing about this for me was the suspension. I no longer felt every bump and even on the most pebbliest of roads I just glided along it. Silver Cross's slogan for this pushchair is 'It's all about the ride.' After using this pushchair I totally agree!

I also love all the accessories that come with this pushchair. In particular the parasol; combined with the hood of the pushchair, you can totally cover up your precious little baby. So often with pushchairs you always get a patch of sunlight targeting your child. This simply is not a problem for me anymore.

It's so often the case that pushchairs proclaim to be this and that; and I can say that the Surf Pushchair lives up to everything it claims to be. We have even taken this pushchair along the beach with ease even. It really is an amazing all-terrain pushchair.

Fully reversible seat unit, forward or rearward facing

Ultra light weight chassis (7.5 KG)

Unique babynest seat suitable from birth

Three position recline to full lie flat

Shopping basket

Super light and compact fold

Puncture free tyres



Another brilliant thing about this pushchair was that I could let my son go to sleep upright and then put him totally flat when he fell asleep. The way the head and feet supports are positioned it almost mimics the way they lay in the womb - so it all looks very cosy! My son goes to sleep in this for hours at a time!!

As for the wheels, even my aircraft engineer husband was highly impressed with them. Surf is the world's first pushchair to use magnesium alloy castings. It's over one third lighter than aluminium and a dream to push your baby along on!

Here's the specs:
Price:£565.00
Age suitable for:Birth-3yrs
Weight:10.2kg
Height:101cm
Width:58cm
Depth:112cm
Height (folded):72cm
Width (folded):59cm
Depth (folded):28cm

An absolutely amazing pushchair!
Verdict: 10/10 from the Sweet Craftiness household.


For more info please visit http://www.silvercross.co.uk/

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting your review, very helpful!

    I'm currently pram shopping and love the look of the Surf. I tested out a shop model and found it was all perfect except that I found it really difficult to remove the seat from the chassis - almost like the button release was getting stuck. This could have been just an issue with the shop model but...
    as you've been a Surf owner for a few months now I'd love to know if you've ever had trouble removing the seat? Or any other comments (positive or negative) you'd make after using the pram for a while?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE PURCHASED A SILVER CROSS SURF SYSTEM FROM KIDDISAFE IN JUNE/JULY 2010. ONE OF THE REAR WHEELS OF IT KEEPS FALLING OFF OCCASIONALLY FOR NO REASON AT ALL. THE WHEEL FELL OFF WHILE CROSSING THE ROAD, THIS IS THE REASON WE CANNOT USE THE SILVER CROSS SURF OUTSIDE HOME, IT IS TOO DANGEROUS. THIS IS AFTER KIDDISAFE HAVE LOOKED AT IT AND RETURNED IT TO US 2010 JULY CLAIMING IT IS DUE TO MISS USE, WHEN IT WAS BRAND NEW 5 MINS ONLY JUST CHASSIS OUT OF THE BOX WHEN WE NOTICED ONE OF THE WHEELS DOES NOT STAY WITH THE CHASSIS. WE CONTACTED SILVER CROSS AND THEY TOLD US TO DEAL WITH THE COMPANY WE BOUGHT IT FROM. KIDDISAFE IGNORED THAT IT HAS FACTORY FAULT AND REFUSED TO REPLACE IT BACK THEN. WE ARE THINKING OF CONTACTING ALL WEBSITES, MAGAZINES, BABY SHOW ORGANIZERS, SHOPS, NEWSPAPERS AND CUSTOMER RIGHTS ORGANIZATIONS WE CAN CONCERNING SERVICE WE RECEIVED FROM KIDDISAFE AND SILVERCROSS IN 2010 JULY AND THE FAULTY SILVER CROSS PRAM THAT HAS COST US IN EXCESS OF £580 AND KIDDISAFE AND SILVERCROSS HAVE REFUSED TO REPLACE.

    ReplyDelete