Friday 5 March 2010

www.snapfish.co.uk gifts for Mother's Day

It's that time of year where daughters and sons are often found trawling the Internet looking for a gift that will touch the heart of a mother and show exactly how much she means. Before I share the beautiful gift ideas I have found, I just wanted to share this poem which I could really relate to about my mother. My dad passed away when I was just 12 and it wasn't easy for my mother having to cope with not only her own grief but her children's too, not to mention the teenage years where I was absolutely horrible to her. I know it hasn't been easy for her but this Mother's Day I think she deserves a pat on the back for raising her children the way she has and achieving the result of three happy and confident adults.

Here's the poem:


To My Mother
For all the times you gently picked me up,
When I fell down,
For all the times you tied my shoes
And tucked me into bed,
Or needed something
But put me first instead.
For everything we shared,
The dreams, the laughter,
And the tears,
I love you with a "Special Love"
That deepens every year.
Author Unknown

My mother is my best friend. I see her virtually every day and my children love her as much as they do me. Below is a picture of my mum and I holding hands, this is how we could be found on most days throughout my childhood. I could have been deemed a 'clingy' child, but it was just that when I was near my mum I always felt happy. I was safe in the knowledge that as much as I loved her, she loved me.


PHOTO - My mum and me. Family friend and baby sister.

SO on to the gift ideas. I've found some lovely ideas from www.snapfish.co.uk. I think they say so much more than a bunch of flowers.

MAGIC COLLAGE MUG

A simple cup of tea never fails to lighten the mood but what better way is there to raise a smile than to deliver it in this magical cup. Add boiling water and watch the faces appear as the heat from the boiled water permeates the mug. The best thing is it's so easy to order. You just log on to www.snapfish.co.uk and upload the photo you would like featured on the mug and then you can choose background colours and even opt to add a message on to the mug. This is sure to pull a mother's heart strings.



ACRYLIC PRINT

I had never seen such an awe-inspiring way to display photographs until I saw this acrylic print idea. It's an outstanding alternative to the conventional frame as instead of just framing the photograph, it brings the photograph to life by adding a unique 3D element. It makes you want to reach out and pull the people from the photograph. Again, it was so easy to order this acrylic block. Upload the photo, edit it if required and that's it!
These exquisite blocks are available in sizes between A6 and 20x20. To prove to you just how good the finished result is, I have uploaded the acrylic block with my own photograph.
For more original gift ideas visit www.snapfish.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment