Sunday 4 April 2010

www.beauty21.co.uk reviews



I recently entered a blogging contest in connection with 'Mums Like You' and www.beauty21.co.uk. To enter the competition you had to send in an email with your name, address and weblink to your blog. Luckily for me, I won. I'm not exactly sure how the four winners were selected; I am hoping it was after we were selected for our interesting blogs as opposed to a random generator as that would be a lovely feeling. Anyway, the winners were then sent some products from www.beauty21.co.uk and asked to review these products on their blogs and then update their profile picture on Mums Like You with the new make-up on. I hope to be connected with some of the other bloggers that won this competition as not only would it be great networking but I would love to see what the other bloggers thought of these beauty products.

This was like a dream job for me, as I love experimenting with new make-up. Well, some make-up. I love testing out new mascaras, eyeliners, lipsticks and lip glosses. I'm not so keen on testing foundations or powders as I have such sensitive skin and so I will never change from Max Factor's Lasting Performance in Fair as that is what suits me. I don't wear blusher or powder as they just clog my pores and give me spots.

My everyday make-up consists of foundation, mascara and sometimes lipstick and eyeliner. So I was overwhelmed when I discover www.beauty21.co.uk and discovered all the make-up bargains. I could have filled my basket up with top-name brands and saved pounds on what I would have paid in the high street. They stock brands such as:
  • Clarins
  • Clinique
  • Chanel
  • Lancome
  • Elizabeth Arden
  • Fake Bake
  • St Tropez
It's not just brilliant prices but excellent customer service and speedy delivery. Next on my wish list from www.beauty21.co.uk is Lancome Fatale Mascara. There is even a brilliant demonstration video on YouTube on how to use it. You can find the video here

So the products I was asked to review were as follows:

Benefit The Gloss in Crystal
Elizabeth Arden Sun Goddess Bronzing Powder
Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara

You can find my mini round-up review on YouTube. This will help you see what I looked like after using the products.




Elizabeth Arden 'Sun Goddess Bronzing Powder'

This is a pretty little compact that would look great in any handbag. The cover of the compact features the same design which is featured on the powder, which is a modern floral design. This is the product that I was least looking forward to reviewing as I have such sensitive skin that I can't wear anything like blusher or powder. But my decision was swayed to give it a go as when I opened it there was no perfumey smell like you get with some powders ( you know the smell that just won't go away and smells a bit like old ladies handbags.) The fact that I am a redhead is also a problem for me when I have used bronzers in the past as they just look silly on me because of my skin tone. Surprisingly, this product has really won me over. It gives a really natural glow and looks 'natural' as opposed to glittery like some bronzers can be. The bronzer has two tones on it; the main part being a browny colour, whilst the emblem is a pinky colour. Using the ultra-soft brush that came with it, I was extremely surprised with the results - I looked glowing with health, without looking tangoed. It's absolutely brilliant for highlighting cheekbones. This will be great to carry about in my handbag as it also has a handy mirror in it too. This is priced at £9.99 from www.beauty21.co.uk which is highly reasonable for the brilliant results it produces. And remember even a redhead is able to use this bronzer - worth noting!

Star rating 4/5



Rimmel 'Sexy Curves' Mascara



This was one of the mascaras I use anyway, so this wasn't a new product for me to test out. To get ultimate lashes I use this one and Rimmel Extra Super Lash Building Mascara. The best thing about this mascara for me is not the actual formulation of the mascara but the shape of the brush. You can see the shape of the brush in the picture above, and the shape allows the brush to reach every lash and to push certain lashes further back than others which creates really fluttery lashes. I use around 2-3 coats of this mascara if I am using it by itself and it doesn't leave you with spider leg lashes but perfectly defined ones. Again, I am a very sensitive person and I wear contact lenses so I have to find mascara that has a delicate formula. This one doesn't cause me any eye irritation and is easy to remove. Priced at £7.99 usually but if you buy from Beauty21 you can get it for the bargain price of £5.99.

Rating 3/5


Benefit 'The Gloss'

My praise goes to Beauty21 for sending me this one. Wow! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!!! I never wear lip gloss usually as my hair always seems to fly in to it and create a gloopy mess, but this one is just brilliant! It's not at all gloopy and is shiny without creating the feeling of having a load of gunk on your lips. I think my video illustrates how intense the shine is. You can wear it by itself to create a natural gleam or why not wear it over your favourite lipsticks to create an intense effect. You can get these glosses in an array of colours, so I am now eager to try some of them out. It feels like it is conditioning your lips too and has a pleasant but ever so delicate fragrance of lychee and apricot. So don't be surprised if people want to kiss you lol! The applicator is small enough to be able to get to each part of your lip, in particular, the delicate cupid bow area. In fact because this lip gloss worked so well has made me want to try out more of Benefit's range, so look out Beauty21 here I come.........

Thanks for reading.........

No comments:

Post a Comment