Sunday 10 April 2016

Deer embroidery project from Mollie Makes magazine


I have just completed my first ever embroidery project.  I often browse at the inspirational projects in Mollie Makes magazine and when I saw Kirsty Neale's stunning deer project in issue 56, I just knew I had to give it a try.  I absolutely adored Kirsty's design but mine differed immediately when I stuck my deer shape on the wrong way, so the deer is coming in to the picture from a different angle.  This then meant instead of copying the template from the magazine I had to draw the design on as best as I could to fit the differing angle.  I also made the eyes of the deer a little bigger to give him a cuter look about him.

It was wonderfully therapeutic making this project.  I have mastered quite a lot of embroidery stitches now and it has inspired me enough to think about designing my own embroidery pictures in the future.  I love how the felt gives the picture a 3D look.

I also love Kirsty's work so much that I have purchased her book called 'Hoopla' off Amazon so I look forward to receiving that shortly and maybe I'll post some more completed projects very soon...

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that looks fantastic - you should be very proud of yourself ! I haven't done any sewing for ages now that blogging takes up all my time, but this kind of cute design makes me want to start a new project ! :)

    ReplyDelete