'Cloudy with A Chance of Meatballs' is one of our favourite films and so we are really looking forward to seeing the sequel 'Cloudy with A Chance of Meatballs 2'. In fact the Vue website is currently running a brilliant competition! To enter you have to create your own Foodimal.
We got the idea for our 'Foodimal' when my son was playing with his Plasticine and said he wanted to create a 'smelly pig'. We had a watermelon in the house, so I thought we could create a 's'melon'y pig. So we are going to call our creation Sid the smelly pig. His hobbies would include rolling in mud and eating a lot, hence why his belly is so full!
I won't lie carving a watermelon is no easy task, it's 100 times more messy than carving a pumpkin as there is so much sticky water from a watermelon to deal with.
We actually found the idea on how to create a watermelon pig from the Annabel Karmel website.
This is how we made him:
1: Cut off lid.
2. Scooped out innards with a melon baller.
3. Cut ears and a nose from the lid.
4. Cut out a tail on the back of the watermelon.
5. Added glace cherries and raisins on cocktails sticks for the eyes.
6. Added bits of lime on cocktail sticks for the feet.
7. Filled the inside with the melon balls.
If you would like to enter the competition, here's the link http://www.myvue.com/film-news/article/title/bloggers-competition-win-tickets-to-cloudy-with-a-chance-of-meatballs